Monday, November 15, 2010

7 Months Old!

Every month I have posted about what new things Lauren has done and how wonderful it is to experience her growth. I'm still loving every minute and every new skill. However, having to say she is "7 months old" has been ridiculously more difficult than I ever could have imagined. Maybe it's because my baby is starting to get to the crawling stage. (Too soon!) Maybe it's because she is now closer to be a toddler than to being a baby. (AHHH! Not a year old! SO not ready for that!) No matter what it is, it's hard, and I'm trying my best to not think about it and focus on the positive things.

Hello happiness!

Like I said, she's close to crawling, but not completely interested in it. She'd rather be standing up, moving her feet like she's trying to walk, or bouncing up and down. Her favorite sounds to make right now are "da-da" or "da-de" plus a ton of gurgling. She's still trying to get in her bottom teeth, so I expect them to show up sometime between now and Valentine's Day. Teeth are so unpredictable!

This little girl can EAT! She is holding her own bottle like a pro now and will eat anything we put in front of her. Oatmeal, barley, corn, peas, sweet potatoes, green beans...you name it, she'll eat it. She loves frozen strawberries in her teether and any type of bread, be it puffs, biscuits, or pancakes. She's even able to feed herself, although sometimes pieces end up in her lap.

Yummy!

She is an absolute joy to be around, always wakes up with a smile, and rarely has meltdown moments for no reason. So far, it seems like she's going to be a social child, just like her brother, although I'm not sure how I could handle two kids as out going as Brenden. She is an observer and an explorer, and often becomes enthralled with carpet, a piece of paper, or her grandpa's goatee.

Lauren, you make me a better mommy every day. We love you! Happy 7 month birthday!

7 months old!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...