Saturday, April 28, 2012

Daddy's Girl

This morning Tim decided that donuts would be an amazing idea for breakfast. I completely agreed, so he started out the door. As soon as Brenden realized he was leaving, he grabbed his shoes and shouted, "I wanna go, too!" Of course, that was no big deal and happens all the time. Brenden loves to be our helper. Plus, I think he really likes the one-on-one time, since it's so limited.

Not three seconds later, Lauren squealed, "I go, TOO!!!" She ran to her room and grabbed her sneakers, practically dancing back to the living room.

"Oh, sorry Lauren. I'm just taking Brenden today," Tim said with a sad face.

Lauren didn't cry, or really even whine. (I was SHOCKED, by the way.) She just repeated, "I go, too!" and started to put her shoes on.

Tim sighed...."Okay."

I stopped cleaning the oven and looked at him like he had lost his mind. Not because I don't think he can handle both kids, but because if the roles were reversed, Lauren was told she could go first and Brenden wanted to go, too, there is no way Tim would have taken Brenden.

Daddy's little girl has him wrapped quite tightly around her little finger.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...