Thursday, April 26, 2012

Name That Tune

One night last week Brenden asked me to sing him a song that he had heard in the car. "The Take Me Home song!" he squealed, bouncing on his knees. I was at a complete loss and sat there with my mouth hanging open, totally stumped as to which song he meant. I finally asked him to sing it for me, which went something like this:

"Nah nah, nah nah nah, TAKE ME HOME! Nah nah, nah nah nah, TAKE ME HOME! Nah nah, nah nah nah, TAKE ME HOME! TAKE ME HOME! TAKE ME HOME! TAKE ME HOME! TAKE ME HOME!"

He smiled, very proud of himself. "That one, mommy!"

It did have a tune, but not one that I recognized. He sang it for me a few more times, slightly frustrated that I couldn't guess the song. I finally called Tim into his room to see if he could figure it out, but he was just as lost. We finally convinced Brenden to listen for it in the car and let me know which one it was. He agreed, but not without a frown.

Fast forward to a few days later. We're driving home from school and I'm flipping through the radio when, out of nowhere, Brenden yells, "TURN IT BACK! THAT WAS MY SONG!"

I was shocked he had remembered, but even more shocked to find out which song he was talking about.


Not exactly appropriate lyrics, but I'm not correcting him anytime soon. We'll go with "take me home" for now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...