Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Recipe: Crockpot Shredded Chicken

One night not long ago my friend Bre invited us over for chicken tacos. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make it, but she made sure I was aware of the recipe, which she called "The easiest crockpot recipe ever. I mean, even easier than crockpot recipes are usually!" She's never given me bad advice, so I thought I'd try it out.

I've made it two times since and am thinking about making it for a 3rd week in a row.

She was not kidding! So simple and totally delicious! I've used it in tacos and flautas so far, but I think it would work in several different dishes. Very highly recommend this...5 stars!

Crockpot Shredded Chicken 

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen actually works best for me)
1 can of Great Value White Corn and Black Bean salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning

  • Place frozen chicken in the crockpot. Trust me, you don't need to thaw it. (Unless you're short on time.)
  • Pour in the salsa and taco seasoning.
  • Cook on high, stirring every once in awhile. When the chicken starts shredding when you stir, it's done.
  • Enjoy!
I mean, really...it cannot get any easier than that. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...