Thursday, May 31, 2012

Flat

***Note to self: Never mention things like "I've never changed a tire." or "I don't know how to find the spare." to my husband. This will lead to lots of sweat, dirt and sore arms.***

As we were leaving the lake this past weekend, Connie mentioned I should check our right rear tire. I didn't think much of it and we drove the hour home with no problems. Not long after that I headed to the store for dinner and made it back safely. Only a few hours later the tire was most definitely flat.


Yes, I had mentioned in the last month or so to Tim that I had never changed a flat tire. Yes, I knew it would probably come back to bite me.

Still, I never imagined I would be changing a tire in my driveway with an audience. (Thanks for the commentary Tim and Jake!)


I actually did it all myself. I jacked up the car, removed the old tire, and installed the spare. All while Tim and Jake drank their beers and took pictures.


I'm really glad I had the opportunity to learn how to do this in a safe environment with no kids screaming from the car or any place to be. Tim and Jake were actually helpful and didn't make a ton of fun of me. (Yes! The 4-way is a great tool! I'll remember that next time.)

Hopefully this will be the last tire I have to change for a good long time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...