I first saw this recipe here. I've made it a few times and it is delicious. Anything that Brenden will eat is a keeper to me! It does take awhile, but it's worth it.
Chicken Pot Pie
1 cup chopped onion (I use one small onion)
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1 small can of sweet whole kernel corn, drained
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup Half & Half
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
one pie crust
- Sauté onion, celery, and carrots in margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well. cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Combine broth and half-and-half and gradually stir into vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 2 qt. shallow casserole dish. Top with pastry. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or until golden brown.