Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh. My. Goodness.

Today Brenden decided to tell me "I poop" and then ran towards the bathroom. Ok...that's great. Was he dirty? No. So I thought maybe we could just slap him on the potty and hope for a miracle.

After a few minutes of running back and forth between the big potty, where he stood on his stool and tried to use the potty like daddy, and his little potty, I told him to sit on the little potty and I would go get the camera to show him movies. (The only way I can keep him sitting still for more than 2 seconds.) I ran back into the bathroom and he was still on the potty...with a puddle of pee on the floor. OH! MY! GOODNESS! But he peed while SITTING on the potty, even if his aim is awful. (Typical male, right?) And he asked to go potty, I didn't force him, so I think that's a good thing.

High fives!!! And asking him to tell me when he needs to go again so we can go IN the potty next time. He said "oooOOOoooh-tay" and bounced around the living room and kitchen for about 20 minutes. I'm not sure if he was proud or just excited about the jello I finally gave him. When I put him down for his nap he was dry so I know he hadn't felt the need to go and if he wakes up dry from his nap we're headed straight to the bathroom!

Please tell me this is a good first step. Please, please, PLEASE. :)


1 comment:

jesika said...

yep..he is on his way! YAY Brenden!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...