Friday, October 15, 2010

6 months old!

I remember thinking "Lauren will be 6 months old at my brother's wedding" when they first set the date, which is tomorrow. It felt like it was so far away! And now, we're here. I cannot believe we've made it half a year. EEK!

This past month has brought her first double ear infection, her first round of antibiotics, and the end of her Zantac for her reflux. She's eating cereal, fruits and vegetables like a pro and can hold her bottle...when she feels like it. She's finally able to eat whole puffs, which she loves, as well as drink juice. (Which is mostly water with a few drops of juice to make it sweeter.) She's even fed herself a puff on her own! Yay for pinching skills! (Watch out Brenden!)

Yummy!

This past month she's sat in a highchair at a restaurant twice and gnawed on tiny pieces of bread from my plate. She's started rolling from her belly to her back, and combined that to roll herself under our coffee table. And forget sleeping on her side; she's a full time tummy sleeper now. We were nervous about it at first, but we got over it.

She can sit on her own and crawling seems to be coming soon, if only she could pull her feet up under her. I'm not in any hurry for this to happen! I thought she would take off crawling after Brenden the first time, but now I'm not so sure. She's become obsessed with our cats and has fallen over from the sitting position several times trying to reach for them.

Superwoman!

We've caught a few consonant sounds, like "ma", "ba", and "da" but nothing definite. She still enjoys squealing when she's excited and laughs up a storm. Her favorite toy is a yellow, squishy block that quacks when you push on the duck. We finally figured out she was quacking back at it, which I'm afraid is her first word. Not "mama" or "dada"..."quack"! Lucky us! :)

Every day brings something new and I'm really enjoying it. I'm glad that I'm remembering to pause and take in her baby moments since I don't plan on doing this again. Like I told Tim, our kids have been relatively easy. If we had another one we would be dooming ourselves to having a demon.

Lauren, you make our family whole and I am so glad that I get to be here to watch every little milestone. We Love You! Happy 6 month birthday!

6 months old!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...