Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Thank You" is never enough.

I read several different blogs and articles about Veteran's Day and I found myself at a loss for words. The only thing that I could think of to say is "thank you", although I know that those who have served and who are serving now deserve so much more. I know this maybe not be eloquent or thought provoking, but here is my attempt at saying more than just "thank you".

Thank you to my husband. I know when you were deployed you were more concerned for your guys than you ever were for yourself. You showed me what an amazing man you are and how lucky I am to be married to you.


Thank you to my dad, who gave 25 years to the Marines at a great cost to himself. Even after years in Vietnam and year long deployments that kept him away from his family, I know he would go back in a heartbeat to serve his country.


Tim, his friend Ryan, and their M1-A2.

Thank you to my brothers, grandpas, uncles, aunts, cousins, and friends. Thank you to everyone who has spent even a day away from their family to keep our country safe. I wish there were more days in the year when everyone looked at you and appreciated your sacrifice, because you definitely deserve more than one day, and you definitely deserve more than a "thank you".

Back from Iraq!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...