Thursday, November 20, 2008

Clean Bill of Health

Today was Brenden's check-up for his ear infection. I had an appointment at 11:30 am so Tim came home and had to make sure Brenden ate his lunch, was bundled in enough clothes, and at the doctor's office before his 1 pm appointment time. After standing on the scale for the first time like a big boy (29 lbs!) we saw Dr. Mickle, whom the receptionist calls Mickle Monster for some reason. Brenden sat quietly while she checked his ears, eyes, nose and teeth and listened to his heart and lungs. I have no idea why he he turns into a meek and mild child in front a doctor, I just know it makes doctor's appointments much easier than I expected. Everything was perfect, most importantly his ears. I asked her if she thought he was getting ear infections too often and if we would have to worry about putting tubes in his ears. Tim had to have tubes when he was very young and the thought freaks me out a bit. She didn't think we were anywhere near worrying about that since once round of antibiotics cleared it up and they didn't keep occurring back to back. Whew!

This was the first time I didn't put Brenden in his stroller to take him in. I carried him in the parking lot and up the elevator, then let him walk into the office. On our way out, my extremely friendly toddler waddled up to another little boy who was his size and proceeded to hug the bejeesus out of him. Thankfully the little boy thought it was funny and his parent's thought Brenden was cute. I guess someday he'll be too big for this to be adorable so I should let him enjoy it while he can. I was a little surprised to find out that the boy Brenden decided to hug/tackle was 20 months old. They were the same size! I'm sure someday my munchkin will slow down on the growing, but we're actually expecting a growth spurt in a month or so. Thank goodness he can walk!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...