Thursday, October 30, 2008

What a long, LONG week.

As if moving into a new house and having the wheel fall off the Explorer wasn't enough, now we are dealing with a sick baby. We knew that he wasn't feeling his best. His nose is runny, he's fussy, he isn't napping well, and he's not eating as well. (Eating was the biggest clue!) Today we finally took him to the doctor and low and behold...double ear infection. Now everything makes sense. His right ear isn't so bad but his left ear is a mess. He's on Ammoxacillin (I probably spelled that wrong) for the next 10 days and then we go back to make sure they have cleared up. I also think he's headed for a growth spurt. At his 12 month appointment he weighed a little under 27 lbs and now he's almost up to 29 lbs. So the poor little guy is dealing with the ears, a couple of mean old molars, AND being tired from a growth spurt. I'm not sure how much more we can take!

On a MUCH happier note, today our cousins Meghan and Jay are going to meet their daughter Leah! We could not be more excited for them! They have waited a long time and have endured more than most people could ever imagine. Leah is so lucky to have such amazing parents!


Heather said...

Awww, poor little guy. (Well, maybe not so little anymore, apparently he outweighs Anthony by 4 pounds now!) Is your ped. concerned about his recurring EIs, or would he have to have more to be considered a pattern worth watching?

Hope you guys are able to get some sleep soon - I'm sure that's in short supply right now.

The Kellys said...

Ok I'm totally jealous that you have 4 less pounds to lug! He likes walking now so that helps a ton but he still needs to be picked up sometimes. URGH my aching back!

They aren't concerned yet because the antibiotics have always worked and they haven't kept showing up one after another. Since he was sick there was a reason it happened. (His nose has been running for 2 months! Allergies are awful.) So for now we're OK.

And I must give Brenden props...his sleeping at night has been totally fine. With the ears AND the molars you would think he'd be back to waking up every few hours but he isn't. His problems were during the day, when my happy baby became a screaming, flailing, impossible to console baby. I would be a mess if it were me. I'm a mess from it and I don't even have an ear infection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...