Thursday, August 5, 2010

Recipe: Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I find recipes everywhere online. One of my favorite things to do is ask my friends on Facebook for recipes they like. Not long ago I saw that my friend Jennifer was fixing a slow cooker recipe that she had received from someone else and I asked her for it. I am SO glad I did. It's delicious! It doesn't take long at all to fix but it take awhile to cook. Absolutely worth it. Tim declared it "excellent" and Brenden, who has become a very picky toddler, ate his meat with no complaints. That's what I call a success!

Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 1/2 to 4 pound boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's Condensed French Onion Soup
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
sandwich or hamburger rolls
  • Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until it's well browned on all sides.
  • Stir the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.
  • Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. (or 4 to 5 hours on high)
  • Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.
  • Divide the pork and sauce mixture among the rolls.
I couldn't find a 3 1/2 - 4 lb roast. All I could find was 2 1/2 or 8-9 lb size. I got the one closest to 3 lbs I could find and it worked out great. I also added a little bit of garlic powder and black pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...