Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 1/2 to 4 pound boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's Condensed French Onion Soup
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
sandwich or hamburger rolls
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until it's well browned on all sides.
- Stir the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. (or 4 to 5 hours on high)
- Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.
- Divide the pork and sauce mixture among the rolls.
I couldn't find a 3 1/2 - 4 lb roast. All I could find was 2 1/2 or 8-9 lb size. I got the one closest to 3 lbs I could find and it worked out great. I also added a little bit of garlic powder and black pepper. Enjoy!