Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Sometimes, I just want to record the beautiful, funny, or crazy memories that I don't want to lose. So that's what I'm going to do! It won't be a fluid story, but I know I'll be happy to have them.
  • Brenden imagination is starting to flourish, and the things that he is coming up with amazes me every day. The most notable things are his new imaginary pets. The first was Goldfish Girl. He randomly mentioned her one morning but, in my hurry to get out the door, I didn't ask any questions. Later I asked what he was talking about, and he explained that she was a teeny tiny goldfish that lived in his pillow. He requested tweezers to get her out, which he did, but then put her back in. He told me that his daddy put her in there and that she swam in the water in his pillow. Then, yesterday, he started talking about a horse. We thought he was telling us about his stuffed horse, Duke, but he told us he has two. It's name is "My Horse" (as in Brenden's horse...he's not the best with names yet) and when I asked if I could play with it, he told me no, but that he would tell me a story about my horse. Apparently, I have two, a big one and a little one. I'm excited to see what he comes up with next!

  • Lauren's laugh, which used to be rare and cough-like, has now turned into huge giggles and belly laughs all day long. She randomly cracks up, for no apparent reason, all the time! She even wakes up laughing, which is one of my favorite things she has done so far. She's turned from a happy, but reserved, baby, to a little girl that is super excited about life at all times, unless she's tired or hungry. She's also showing a huge preference for shoes and jewelry, as well as tools and race cars. She may be girly, but she's also tough!

  • Brenden, who has always loved music, has started singing more often. As in All. Day. Long. Usually, he sings about what he's doing, such as, "I'm jumping! I'm jumping!" Sometimes, especially at night when he should be sleeping, he'll sing about things he did during the day. There's no specific tune, but he always sings at the same volume...LOUD.

  • Brenden may not enjoy sharing his toys just yet (what kid ever does?), but he loves having his sister around. Every time he goes to his room to play, he begs for Lauren to be able to come, too. Lauren loves his room! She drags out all his tools, tries to eat his puzzle pieces, and watches her brother bounce from one corner to another. There are rare moments when they actually play, like at dinner for my birthday. Lauren was banging on the table, so Brenden decided to bang on the table, too. They took turns banging, laughing their heads off at each other. It may sound silly, but it was wonderful!
My amazing kiddos.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...