Tuesday, January 24, 2012

VII

"Mommy, whose is this?" he asked, plucking the anniversary card off of the counter.

"That's a card wishing mommy and daddy Happy Anniversary. An anniversary is when we celebrate the day something special happened. Mommy and daddy are celebrating getting married 7 years ago."

"Oh!" he exclaimed, his eyes lighting up. "When I get bigger, I can get married."

"Oh yes," I replied. "You can definitely get married if you want."

"Mommy, I wanna get married with you." The look on his face was both completely serious and totally excited.

"Oh honey, I'm already married. You'll find someone super special to marry when you're older."

The happy lines of his smile fell. "No! I wanna be married with you!"

"Okay buddy. But you'll have to check with daddy."

**********

Seven years ago, we signed papers that legally bound us together. Today, we're tied by much more important things than lines of ink. A home, two little faces that we can't imagine our life without, and a love that's stronger than ever.

I Love You, Tim! Happy Anniversary!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...