Saturday, December 5, 2009

They Learn So Quickly

Last night the conversation at bedtime went like this:

Tim: "Brenden, it's time to change your clothes."

Brenden: "NOOOOOO! Wanna play with Jarrett!" (our friends were over with their little boy)

Tim: "It's bedtime. Come on."

Brenden: screams all the way through changing his diaper, putting on his pajamas, taking his medicine.

Me: "Are we ready for bed?"

Brenden: "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Me: "I'll lay down with you for a while."

Brenden: "NOOO! I'm stinky!" (as in, needs his diaper changed, which had just happened 2 minutes before)

Me: "No you don't, silly."

Brenden: "I'm wet?"

Me: "Nope. I don't think so."

Brenden: "Have to go potty?"

Me: "I wish you would go potty in the potty!"

Brenden: sighs, realizing he has used up all of the excuses to not go to sleep yet

Next up? "I need a glass of water!" "My clothes are too tight!" "It's too hot in my room!" And on and on. Why didn't anyone warn me that this started so soon!?!



2 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

Ha ha ha! I had to read this to Sean, we both got a laugh out of it.

The Kellys said...

I thought it was pretty funny. Although I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon after I hear it every night for a few months. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...