Saturday, April 2, 2011

T-Ball!

A few months ago my friend Jennifer, who we met when Brenden played soccer, asked if we wanted to sign Brenden up for t-ball so he could be on the same team as her daughter, Kendyl. I very ecstatically said YES and ran down to the YMCA to register him. (Thank you again, Connie and Mike, for covering the registration fees!)

Brenden and Kendyl

We only had two very short practices before his first game today. I wasn't sure what to expect, but someone said it would be much like trying to herd cats. They were more than right.


Brenden started out playing 3rd base but then he had to take a time out because he kept crying every time he wasn't the first one to the ball. Eventually we ended up back in the outfield while I tried to explain the game to him. I'm not sure he'll get it for awhile. All he really wanted to do was bat!


Each team's players batted once and that was it. It took an entire hour for one inning! Brenden very patiently waited his turn, cheered for his teammates, and was so ready to put that helmet on. It didn't take long for him to get a hit, which surprised me. He did great! He's really good at running the bases. I told Tim that I think he'll be a pinch runner.

Hopefully the next game we'll make it to the second inning. I never thought 3 and 4 year olds playing t-ball would be so much fun, or so exhausting. I'm so glad he's playing and loving it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...