Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bring on the Clouds

Rainy days have always been some of my favorites, especially when they are few and far between and not 12 straight days of no sunshine. (I'm hard to please, I know.) They always meant curling up under a blanket, reading a book, and relaxing.

Then I had kids.

And guess what...I still love them. Overcast days mean the kids usually sleep in. One day Lauren didn't get up until 11:30 am, and that was only because Tim finally woke her up. From what I saw on Facebook, a lot of kids slept in that day. Thank you children of Oklahoma!

The drizzle doesn't pull the kids to laze around all day, though. When Brenden awoke on his birthday last week I was worried that we would end up spending the entire day inside, which is most definitely not what my very active son wanted to do. Since the temperature was decent, and he begged enough, we happily went outside and played anyway.

Note: Bubbles and a wet driveway are actually a lot of fun!



Another note: My children are more than happy to dress themselves, quite interestingly, when I let them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...