Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lauren's First Day

I had a really hard time sleeping last night. I kept having alternating nightmares about Lauren absolutely hating going to preschool and me forgetting to pick them up. I thought my dreams were coming true (in the worst way) when both Brenden and Lauren woke up in the type of moods that make me want to hide in the closet.

Somehow, we got out of the house and to school on time. Brenden happily plopped into his seat, but I warned his teacher about his whining so she could be prepared. I handed Lauren over to her teacher and it took about 0.7 seconds before she was screaming bloody murder. I smiled, said "Good luck!" and walked out of the school with my arms empty.

No, I didn't cry, but I sure felt weepy!

I spend the morning shopping for some last minute things for this weekend and then I did exactly what I told Tim I was going to do...I took a nap. It was fantastic. I woke up panicked that I had forgotten to pick the kids up, but I had plenty of time.

Brenden's teacher very happily told me that he was much calmer today and not at all whiny. Whew! Then it was off to find out how Lauren had fared. Not only did her teacher tell me that she did great, but she also took a nap! She did cry for 10 minutes but after that she was totally fine.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I think Lauren will come to love going to school just as much as Brenden does.


This was the best picture I could get. She was not in the mood to sit still and most definitely did not want to smile. That sums up my morning perfectly.

Let's home next week goes well, too!

1 comment:

Heather@CritterChronicles said...

So glad it went well for you all! I'm jealous of your nap. ;)

Such a cute picture of her anyway. Someday she'll look back and think, "I should smile in pictures." :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...