Sunday, January 24, 2010

5 years. 5 YEARS!

It has been 5 years since Tim and I signed those papers. Five years since we called our families and freaked them out. Five years filled with a deployment, a real wedding, a first pregnancy, new jobs, a car that has more problems then it's worth, a 2 year old, the pain of renting/selling a house, a second pregnancy, and so much more.

Engaged! Jan. 7th, 2005

Life is never perfect, but we are darn lucky that we have had many more ups than downs. I know how lucky I am that I have Tim in my life, that he understands me (most of the time), that he compliments me better than I ever thought was possible. So in honor of my husband of 5 years (5 years!?!), here is a list of 5 things that make him so wonderful. Obviously there are way more than 5, but I don't think you want me to list them ALL. :)

Back from Iraq...March 5th, 2006

1. He's the best daddy...EVER. Seriously, this guy deserves an award. He can play with Brenden for hours and if he gets tired of it, I never notice. He's the official "bather of the child" and makes every bathtime fun. Whatever Brenden needs, he makes sure he has. He's always willing to get up with Brenden in the middle of the night, no matter what time he has to get up or how little sleep he'll end up getting. The two times I've ever seen him almost cry, in the 6 years I've known him, were for his little boy. No wonder Brenden loves his daddy so much.



2. He found Dave Ramsey, figured out how to make it work for our family, and drug me, kicking and screaming, into a better financial situation than I could have ever dreamed was possible. Our lives aren't ruled by credit cards and car payments, and that is totally his hard work. Less stress for the pregnant lady? Yes, please!

First Christmas together.

All smiles!

3. He spoils me in many ways that I don't even realize and totally take for granted. Every morning I wake up to coffee in the coffee pot, and my mug in the fridge, already filled with creamer. He does the budget every 2 weeks and very rarely asks for my help because he knows how much I truly hate doing the budget. I also hate hanging up clothes, which he does without complaining. The list goes on and on.

Our first, and only (so far), dining out. Dec. 2nd, 2004

BEER! April 28th, 2006

4. He makes me laugh and actually finds me funny. Why is finding me funny such a big deal? When I was little I was awkward, shy and loud...a strange combination. I had a friend explain to me that the things that I thought were so hilarious were SO not funny to anyone else and I have been self conscious about it ever since. I told myself that the guy I married would HAVE to think I was funny, at least some of the time. And somehow...I found him.

Halloween 2006

Showing off our sexy kevlars. June 3rd, 2004

5. He understands me, listens to me, consoles me, and supports me...no matter what. And that means more to me than he could ever know.

Go Pokes! May 1st, 2004

Tim, thank you for 5 wonderful years. I love you more than you'll ever know and more than words could ever express.

I love you!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...