Monday, January 25, 2010

Celebration

Our anniversary may have been on the 24th, but we celebrated the 23rd. I still can't believe it's been 5 years! Mike and Connie were nice enough to take Brenden for the night, which I'm sure they really hated. (Sarcasm!) Of course, he was in such a sweet mood when they came to pick him up that it was hard to watch him leave. He even came back and blew me kisses through the glass door. Eventually I tore myself away from waving goodbye and we got ready to leave.

We caught a noon showing of Avatar, which is a really good, so very pretty, but VERY long, movie. It wasn't life changing, like I've heard some people describe it, but I liked it. Tim said he'd see it again, but I think once was enough for me. Somehow I made it through the whole movie without having to get up, but Tim had to leave at least 4 times to visit the bathroom. The infamous Kelly bladder strikes again!

After a stop at New Balance to let Tim spend his gift card, (he got some pretty nice shoes) we headed over to the Melting Pot for dinner. We both love that place and I'm really excited that we get to go back for my birthday in March! The cheese, the salads, the entrée, the CHOCOLATE...all so very good. Just having some time to be together, to be able to relax and enjoy our meal instead of worrying if Brenden is eating, or if he's throwing something, was so nice.

:)

It looked a lot better BEFORE we devoured it.

What was left of the chocolate. We had the s'more...SO YUMMY!

Being 28 weeks pregnant (yay for only 12 weeks to go!) I'm not really one for going out at night so we were home at a very reasonable hour. I will never complain about being able to relax and veg out on the couch and that is exactly what we did. It obviously wasn't what you would call an exciting end to the evening, but it was perfect for us. So much is going to change in the next few months and it was wonderful to have some time to just be with each other.

Next year we'll have TWO kids...wow...someone pinch me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...