Friday, July 1, 2011

Fool Me Once, Shame On Me. Fool Me Twice...What Was I Thinking?!

If you don't have children, I don't recommend reading this post. Even if you do have children, you may not want to even look at it. Seriously...I'm not sure anyone but me, and possibly Tim, should ever look at this.

Can't say I didn't warn you.

I think my daughter is a wannabe nudist. It's either that or she hates diapers. I'd say she doesn't like being dirty or wet but I know for a fact that isn't true. She's just as likely to jump in a mud puddle as her brother and would probably have no problem being covered from head to toe. Combine those facts with the ability to take off her diaper and you get one disgusting mess.

A few weeks ago she woke up from her nap and was happily playing with the toys in her crib, or so I thought. I was chatting with Karen and picking up the house so I decided to finish whatever chore I was doing because I knew she would want to "help" me and her "helping" usually leads to a lot more work. When I opened her door, I found a very happy toddler, giggling and rolling around in the contents of a very nasty diaper. Photographic proof here. Click at your own risk.

After a much needed soak and scrub in the tub, I cleaned up her mess and vowed to never lay her back down without pants on again.

I think you can see where this is going.

This morning she was was walking around in just a shirt and her diaper, which isn't exactly a crazy thought since it's summer. She was playing with her toys, happy as a clam, when she walked up to me and handed me her diaper.

That diaper...should be on her booty.
Can't say she didn't warn me, either.

In the process of re-diapering her, I had to get onto Brenden for something. I can't even remember what it was now, but believe me, that one second made a huge difference. It was time for Lauren's nap so I laid her down in her crib and went to make lunch. Did you notice I missed something???

She was making noise, but that's what she always does when she lays down so I thought nothing of it. After about 5 minutes I went to lay her back down and my small mistake became a big problem. I'm not going to go into details because I'm sure you know what I was looking at.

Sigh...

She was mad because I made her sit there with no water and no toys to play with while I cleaned up her room. Brenden watched her for me and the entire time he kept telling her, "That's gross, Lauren! You shouldn't have done that! No...that was bad! You can't get out yet because you're messy. So gross!"


You better believe I'll be double checking the pants situation from now on.

Lesson learned...again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...