Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lauren-isms

Lauren and I were able to share a mommy/daughter day today. Brenden successfully begged his way into spent the day with Grandma Ginger, and Tim had to work at the Army. What do girls do to bond? Shopping of course!

I hadn’t planned on going into Payless, but I wanted to see if I could find any cheap tennis shoes. (I’m digging the low top chucks but I’m not sure I can pull it off.) Lauren did her best to help me, holding different shoes up and squealing. Eventually it became obvious that finding shoes for myself was a lost cause and I was drawn towards the ridiculously adorable, delightfully tiny shoes in the children’s section.

Lauren was in heaven. She pulled pair after pair off of the shelves, shoving them unsuccessfully on top of the shoes she was already wearing. I searched the shelves for the cutest and cheapest (it is Payless after all) little girl shoes I could find. I thought I had found a winner in a pair of brown leather gladiator sandals but alas, they were too small. Just as I was about to give up, Lauren walked up to me with the sparkliest, pinkest, girliest shoes available. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to let her try them on….always a bad idea.

As soon as they were fastened, she was up and running. She grabbed my purse, turned towards the door and said, “Bye!” The girl had made her selection and she was ready to go. I reached for the shoes, just to see how well they fit, and she threw a fit to rival all fits. I finally calmed her down (Someone remind me that reasoning with a toddler is always a lost cause.) and was surprised to find that they fit pretty well.



She wore them out of the store.

Moral of the story: Do not take Lauren into a shoe store unless I'm prepared to buy a pair of shoes.

I could have just told her no, but I really didn't want to! They are some darn cute shoes...even Tim agrees! She's already gotten several compliments on them. I see a lot of sparkly shoe wearing in her future.

My biggest fear? Just how scary her shoe obsession will become as she gets older. *shiver*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...