Happy 4th of July!
Things that happened this weekend:
- I finally got comfortable driving the wave runner. When I switched to let Tim drive it suddenly started acting strange. I thought for sure I had done something wrong! We pulled it back to the dock and Mike figured out it was just the spark plugs. Whew! Crisis averted!
- Mike and Connie's refrigerator in the camper decided to quit working. Thankfully we had a ton of coolers, which ended up serving a double purpose as a way to keep things cold and a way to keep Lauren contained.
- While handing Tim his driver's license on the boat, it slipped through his fingers and floated down to the bottom of the lake. Tim was furious. I felt so bad for him, although it did mean that I ended up driving the wave runner more.
- After taking the boat out to go swimming, we forgot to pull up the anchor. Unfortunately we lost the anchor and the propeller got dinged up. Mike had spare ones at home so it didn't keep us from using the boat all weekend.
- While unloading the car, I slammed the back window and almost broke it on the end of the wake board. Good job, me!
- Mike accidentally left his keys on the dock. How did we find out? Someone left them in his seat with a note. Thank you kind stranger!
- Sunday night the clouds started rolling in. We were all completely surprised since we were pretty sure it was supposed to be hot with a side of hot with no chance of rain. It seems like every time we start to eat a great meal, it decides to start raining. This storm was not so much rain, but it started with some tremendous wind gusts. We were able to hold down everything until the wind died down and after that it was actually extremely nice just sitting outside.
Even with all those different crazy things, we had an absolutely fabulous time! Lauren and Brenden had the best time playing with all the grandparents, great grandparents, Kelley, Justin and Meredith, and they both were able to get into the lake to swim. We all gorged ourselves on the best brisket I've ever had (Great job, Mike!) and stayed cool with a mister and a heavy duty fan. (Again, great job, Mike!)
Tim and I both agreed that it was the most relaxed we've ever been at the lake with both of the kids. Boating, the wave runner, great food, awesome company...we could not have asked for more.
When we got home, our neighbors were shooting off fireworks. Lauren was exhausted so she slept through all the noise, but Brenden was able to go out and play with his friends. He even played with a sparkler for the first time.
Can we do it again? Please!?