Friday, March 13, 2009

Reading Our Signs (Blog idea from Heather G...thanks!)

Tonight I am up trying to nurse my throat back to health. It feels as though my chest is on fire and like I tried to swallow razor blades. I do believe a trip to the doctor will be in my cards, soon. (And if I have strep, like it feels like I do, then Brenden will be getting checked as well!)

So while I sit here trying not to cringe, I'm going to steal a blog idea from our friend Heather. A blogger that she follows posted a link about astrology and what the stars say about you, you and your partner, and you and your children. I found hers to have some scarily accurate moments so I decided to see if it would work the same for my little family.

I used to be into astrology much more than I am now, I would read my horoscopes and felt that I followed the description of a Pisces almost exactly. But when Tim was deployed to Iraq I had a few days when reading my horoscope scared the beejeezus out of me. That's when I realized that I needed to distance myself, and from then on I never really got back into it. (I did the same thing with the news...which I refused to watch from day one of his deployment.) So let's see what this venture back in will tell us!

Tim and Me

You two are too nice for your own good, yielding at the slightest pressure and lacking the backbone to say "no" when it's needed. There's trouble brewing when neither parent can consistently be strong or enforce the rules. Each of you can make great strides in this area, both in parenting and in personal growth, and you and your family will be much happier and healthier because of it. The Libra mom or dad is gentle, fair, and diplomatic. You're the one to teach your children about conflict resolution -- after brushing up on it yourself! You make sure the home is peaceful and calm.

The sweet Pisces parent can spin stories and tell tales, enriching your kids' imagination. Your intuitive understanding and kindness helps the little ones confide in you. If you two can master the art of consistent discipline, your children will thrive in the firm yet loving environment you create.

Tim and Brenden

One of your primary concerns in life is harmony in your relationships, but your Virgo child is more interested in attaining perfection. Not nearly as gregarious and people-oriented as you are, he's most comfortable when surrounded by quiet, order, and routine, so it's best to establish a daily schedule for his meals and bedtime. This could be difficult for you, since you aren't as practical as your little Virgo. Efficiency matters less to you than friendliness and positive feelings.

Still, your love of peace and your little Virgo's need for order can dovetail nicely. Your child appreciates that you keep a pleasant, comfortable home. You, in turn, like the way he keeps his toys organized and, as he gets older, how he completes his chores in a timely manner. It should be easy for you and your child to get along and create a cozy home together.

Brenden and Me

Your Virgo child needs the structure of routine to stay centered, which can be a tall order for you. Your parenting style is more loose: You may not get dinner on the table at the same time every night or tuck your baby into bed at nine o'clock on the dot. For you, life is more about following your vivid imagination than sticking to a regular schedule. But your little Virgo isn't nearly so impetuous. This child responds best to grounded, practical influences and thrives on consistency.

Little Virgo can store up lots of nervous energy when he feels his world is too chaotic. If your child complains frequently of tummy aches or digestive problems, it's a sign that he's lacking that all-important firm, grounded base. The love you give your little Virgo is constant, of course, and he clings to that like a lifeline.

Just Brenden

Practicality and conscientious attention to detail are two of your Virgo child's foremost traits, even from an early age. You might find her organizing her toys or saving her allowance to buy some coveted item while other children spend their money on immediate gratification.

Your little Virgo isn't likely to be frivolous. Rather, she measures the pros and cons of a situation and goes with what makes the most sense. Virgo children have high standards and are naturally cautious, so they can seem picky or reserved, but this is simply because they prefer to stand back and assess a situation rather than throwing themselves into it.

Your Virgo child is a natural helper. She appreciates order and genuinely wants to pitch in and be of service to the family and, later, to the world -- a trait that should be commended and developed.

As the parent of a Virgo, you'll need to temper your child's expectation of perfection with the message that sometimes, good enough is just that -- good enough. Build up her confidence as much as you can, for your child is likely to be self-effacing and overly humble.

Help your little Virgo relax and enjoy the simple pleasures of life by getting outside into nature -- going swimming or for a long, meandering walk. Balanced meals, scheduled naps, and regular downtime will all be important for your Virgo child, who may tend to be rather fretful and anxious. Anything that promotes relaxation will help your child stay calm and centered.

So what do I think? Not so accurate. Looking back on it, I really think Brenden was meant to be a Libra, like Tim, just based on how the Parent/Child description for them both being Libras was explained. Am I missing something? Maybe since I'm not an outsider I can't see it. I actually hope that some of this was totally way of base and that I'm not the only one that sees that. Of course, it's astrology, and should be taken with a grain of salt...right? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...