Sunday, August 14, 2011

Brenden-isms

After an epic trip to the store that had me offering him to anyone that would take him, and then a nice long nap, Brenden managed to make us laugh a few times. Thank goodness, because sometimes parenting feels like I'm just banging my head against a wall.

******

We had a little bit of time before we had to leave to go to the restaurant for Meredith's birthday, so we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. Brenden was standing in front of me, staring down at the concrete of the porch, and said, "Look mommy, a 2." It took me a little while to realize that he was pointing at a water mark that did indeed look like a 2.

I grabbed a stick that was sitting next to me that resembled a letter, held it up, and asked him what he thought it looked like. His response:

"It looks like a stick."

I'm going to call that a Brenden Burn. (He did tell me that it looked like an "r" eventually.)

******

We mentioned that we needed to go inside to get ready, and Brenden started whining about wanting it to be his birthday. To help him get past that moment, we asked him what he wanted on his cake in a few weeks.

"A boo bee" is what we both heard, which we took to mean a "boobie". We were...shocked. We kept asking him to explain what that was, exactly and suddenly, a light bulb went on over Tim's head.

"Oh! A blue B!" Yeah...that's a lot different.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...