Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pinterest!

Have you seen the website Pinterest.com? To put it mildly, I am obsessed. Every day I find something new that I am desperate to try or that I think might make my life easier. (Or save us money...whoo hoo!) There are ideas for the kids' new rooms, cleaning hints, recipes, crafts, work outs, inspirational quotes...you name it, it's on there. I've been so happy with everything that I've tried that I had to share.



This is really simple and inexpensive. The only thing I had to buy was the paper towels. Plus, they work great!



This is actually from my friend Heather's blog, but it's too good not to put on here. I added OxyClean and used Ivory soap, used a big food processor with a shredding attachment, and made a double batch. It is AWESOME. It's removed stains that I thought for sure would ruin a few shirts. Again, simple, cheap and easy.



Tim and I have both been looking for something that's quick and easy to eat for breakfast that doesn't come frozen from the store. (Or for me, from a cereal box. Doesn't work on the low carb diet.) I was really happy with how these turned out on the first try and I plan on making them again when I have a wider variety of veggies to use. Yes, there are some in there, but yellow peppers and onions don't show up well. :)

Using Ammonia to Clean Drip Pans

No, the one on the right is not brand new, but it looks like it!

I cannot find the link for this anywhere, but believe me I'm going to be using this from now on. I'm sure it would also work great on cookie sheets and pans with baked on stains. You just put whatever you'd like to clean in a plastic bag, pour a little bit of ammonia in the bag (the fumes are what do the work, not the liquid itself), seal the bag and leave it alone for at least 12 hours. I grabbed a Magic Eraser to get the really tough bits off and was more than happy with the results.

There are a few other things I've tried that I don't have pictures of. This felt flower for Lauren's hair and an embroidery hoop plus a pillow case that we're using as a laundry basket in Lauren's room.

I'm super excited to see what else I can use this awesome website for!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...