Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Thank You to Chili's

After I commented on Chili's website and wrote this post, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was rather disappointed that I didn't receive an email in the next few days. It seemed to me that I would have at least gotten an automated response. Instead I found a letter in our mailbox about a week later. (I wish that I had known to look for a response by actual mail. Maybe I didn't read carefully enough, but I don't remember seeing anything explaining that. It would have made me feel better much sooner and I wouldn't have complained after just a few days.)

The letter thanked me for my comments, apologized for someone making me upset, and included some Chili's bucks that we can use for our next visit. I did appreciate that someone had gotten back to me, but it felt like a form letter that would be sent to anyone with drop down boxes to fill in certain parts. It seemed like I could have complained that the store was too cold and I would have received the same response. Not exactly comforting and it didn't make me feel as though my concerns were heard or that I should go back.

Then, this morning, I received a very nice email from Amy Taylor, the Area Director for Chili's. She apologized for what had happened, explained that the manager in question had actually relocated (completely separate from this incident) and that the way we were treated was embarrassing and not how they want to run their restaurant.

Her response to me made me feel much better. It's amazing what a difference a sincere apology can make. While I may not have any immediate plans to eat at Chili's, I will definitely take advantage of the coupons, which I had initially planned on giving away.

Thank you again, Amy. We really appreciate it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...