Thursday, August 4, 2011

Recipe: Banana Ice Cream

It's been really sad this summer to watch Brenden chow down on some ice cream and have to see Lauren stare wistfully at him. Unfortunately, milk allergies and ice cream do not mix. I've had a really difficult time finding any type of desert that is dairy and lactose free...until today.

Do you like bananas? Do you like peanut butter? Chocolate? TRY THIS.

Banana Ice Cream

1 banana
1 spoonful of peanut butter (optional)
a handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)

  • Peel the banana. Slice. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours.
  • Place slices into blender. Blend until smooth.
  • Add in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
  • ENJOY!
This was so much better than I expected! It's refreshing and actually feels healthy, which is good for the crazy, carb obsessed types. (Ahem...me.) Lauren hasn't had a chance to try it yet, but I believe she'll love it. I may even throw some Nutella in there and see if Brenden might like it as well. Although he'll have to pry it out of my hands, first. 

Inspiration from here


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...