Monday, April 5, 2010

Patience

I'm finding it hard to have patience with this labor. Yep, labor. For the past few days I've been dealing with a lot of contractions. Completely random, totally annoying contractions. I've tried walking, drinking more water, laying down, having Tim rub my back and distracting myself with everything I can think of.

The worst part is having several really painful contractions in an hour that then taper off. I understand that this is the way that things work for most people, but I didn't experience this at all with Brenden. My water broke and I went to the hospital...short, quick, to the point. I didn't have to time anything, I didn't have to obsess over pains that came and went.

I wrote about how I'm not anxious about labor this time around just a few days ago. I still feel that same way...that she'll come when she comes. Like I told Tim today, she can hang out in there until her due date and I would be just fine, if only I could do it without these stupid contractions. I just want them to either go away and not come back until my water breaks or to just get stronger, closer and do what they are supposed to do.

Being stuck in limbo really stinks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...